Every new era produces new artists - with imaginative ways of capturing the themes of their time. Indeed, their uniquely personal creative visions compel us to see, to hear and to feel the rhythms of life in ways we may never have done before. The finest of those artists remain in people's hearts and minds forever. The concert violinist, singer and composer Milena Djekova Alexander Dzekova is one of them.
Milena Djekova Alexander has performed as a soloist across Europe and has played for, among others, the Royal family of Monaco, King of Thailand, and the Prince and Princess of Bulgaria. She has been sponsored in the past by Rotary, Queen Beatrix Foundation; Royal Musician's Society and has played in venues ranging from the finest castles to arenas seating ten thousand people. Milena Djekova Alexander has also regularly played for corporate entertainment - the Bulgarian, Thai and Dutch Embassies, KLM, PTT, UNICEF, United Nations and Unilever, are just a few examples.
Besides playing as a soloist Milena Djekova Alexander has also accompanied some of the world's finest musicians, such as Julio Iglesias, Cleo Laine, Barry White, Patricia Kaas, Jaap van Zweden, Laurens van Rooyen etc. Born in Sofia, Bulgaria, Milena Djekova Alexander was identified as a child prodigy at an early age and among the wellknown teachers who moulded her talent in Holland were Krebbers, Kantorov, Zachar Bron and Philip Hirchorn.
Throughout her career Milena Djekova Alexander has won numerous prizes and academic awards such as the H. Szeryng prize and the second prize at the princess Cristina competition (Holland). She studied for an MA in music at the Rotterdam Conservatory, graduating cum laude, and received a scholarship to attend the Karajan Stiftung in Berlin. She has also taken master classes with Aaron Rosand (Curtis, USA), Yfrah Neaman (London), Ruggiero Ricci (Berlin), Ivry Gitlis (Paris), Theo Olof (Amsterdam), Anne-Sophie Mutter (London), Yehudi Menuhin (Gstaad and UK) and Pinchas Zukerman (San Francisco).
Milena Djekova Alexander has taught violin and chamber music for over 10 years and sees education as a passion in her life. In addition to many classical solo concerts in Holland (including the Concertgebouw, Vredenburg, De Doelen, De la Mare,Korzo). Milena Djekova Alexander has performed in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, America and currently in the United Kingdom. Notably, she has played with many orchestras, for Bulgarian television, Radio Berlin, the Puccini Festival in Italy and the Pollenca Festival in Spain. And she has made recordings for Sony, performed compositions for the King of Thailand, and made numerous international radio and television appearances.
Milena Djekova Alexander is also an accomplished motivational speaker, trainer, writer and interpreter who speaks seven languages. Milena Djekova Alexander has recently developed a new but very accessible musical style with which she reaches out to an even grater audience, ranging from youngsters and pop fans to members of royal families and classical music lovers.
With her electric violin she has an amazing talent for blending different musical styles, such as classical, pop, world music, new age and jazz. She is great fun to watch on stage and is able to make every performance into a highly moving experience for her audience. Milena Djekova Alexander received the award of best artist of the year in Bulgaria and played many concerts in sold-out venues.
On personal invitation of the President she also opened the Rozhen conference last year (over 8000 people) and was received like a megastar. More than 36 interviews followed for radio, TV, magazines. Shortly after Milena Djekova Alexander won the golden medal at the world championship for performing arts in Hollywood and was again on TV. For next season she's invited to do a tour and recording with the world famous choir "Le mystere des voix bulgares", for concerts in the US, UK, Bulgaria. Furthermore she's invited to give master classes in three countries.
Milena Djekova Alexander's mission is to make classical music accessible to an as broad audience as possible and to bring music in places where it's needed most. Milena Djekova Alexander is also involved in bringing music into international businesses, international organizations and conflict zones as a tool for higher communication and peace.
She gives lectures and concerts as a motivational speaker and player and master classes in music and spirituality and music and management. Milena Djekova Alexander Alexander A Pioneering Artist for all Seasons Recent quotes from the media: "What a breath taking performance. I felt taken to another world." Dessi Todorova, Newspaper SEGA "Multi-talented Milena Djekova Alexander Dzekova dazzled the audience with her unique musical performances, energy, personality and wise remarks."
Milena Djekova Alexander sees it as her mission to re-position the renaissance philosophy and to stimulate others to integrate the homouniversalis principle in their lives. Milena Djekova Alexander is the founder and President of the MUSTT Foundation (Music Uplifting Society towards Transformation and Tolerance). The Foundation stimulates the use of music as a communication dimension that goes beyond any language -to make a connection between the mind to the heart, to help people re-energize and tune into their higher self. She believes music is a tool for communication and peace.
In an exciting new project, Milena Djekova Alexander is now exploring new kinds of multifunctional compositions with her electric violin to reach more diverse audiences with her high energy music and make classical music / crossover more accessible to a new generation. Current International Projects
- Recordings: invitations by international record companies in Germany, US and UK.
- Master classes/Training: invitations to train professors and students in conservatories in Europe
- Performances: in concert gebouw - The Netherlands and Bulgaria with orchestra in compositions of Vivaldi, Bruch as well as her own compositions on electric violin
- Presentations/Lectures: with projects such as "music and management", music and medicine", "music and spirituality", "empowerment training through music ".
- MUSTT Foundation: topics on integration of music in society at international conferences and places of decision-making
- Music advisory service: please see separate leaflet on the MUSTT Foundation
- Workshops: Interactive and innovative workshops for international business and organizations.
- International multi-talented violinist (acoustic, electric), singer, composer, motivational speaker
- List of some of her recent projects /concerts and media appearances include: March 2004: Interview TV Brussels about A MUSTT Foundation (www.musicfoundations.org)
- December 2003: Milionairs Fair, Amsterdam, worked as a journalist for national Bulgarian Radio
- December 2003: Invited at Monaco Investor's week under the high patronage of Prince Albert.
- Oct 2003: Germany, presented 'art as a tool for peace' at the world conference of Gorbatchev. USA - conference on thinking, main performer and speaker / trainer during 1 week
- Aug 2003: Opening motivational speech and concert performance at Bulgarian Embassy
- May 2003 Live concert and peace message at Concertgebouw Amsterdam for 3000 people at Microsoft Concert
- Jan 2003 Performed live and as a peace messenger for President Bill Clinton in Rotterdam The Netherlands
- Dec 15 2002: Prepared ELEM project (European Life Long E-learning for the Music sector) for the EC/Leonardo program
- Nov 2002 - May 2003: (book written 350 pages) Concert for the Dutch Government on theme of celebrating VOC
- Apr 2002: Creation of the MUSTT Foundation (Mar to Dec 2002), development of activities and further international expansion.
- Project for conservatories:'21st century educational tools for music education" (Feb 2002)
- Project book:' all you need to know about music in the 21 century' (Jan 2002)
- Brussels: concert at Castle de Wigny plus peace message (Dec 2001) Jury member at world championship for performing arts in Hollywood plus performance (Oct 2001)
- At the congress hall in The Hague for 2000 people for the international peace conference (Jul 2001) At the Rozhen conference in Bulgaria, on invitation of the president for 8000 people plus a million public on TV. Milena Djekova Alexander was also on the national news opening this prestigious conference with peace compositions. Her performance plus spoken contribution to the conference has been sent via e-mail world-wide (Sep 2000)
- UN Waterforum (opened by the Prince of the Netherlands) where Milena Djekova Alexander composed on the theme of water preservation and performed these on electric violin. Furthermore, she spoke amongst high placed UN officials in the Hague with a plea for more regards towards sustainability and environmental issues. (5000 visitors) (Mar2000)
- Recordings in demand worldwide via concerts. The light classical project with which she was involved for Sony with Holland's well-known pianist, L van Rooijen sold over 80000 copies. (Mar 2000)
- Hollywood (the Albury Theatre, 1500 people) plus TV audience of 1 million. Milena Djekova Alexander was awarded the gold medal at the World Championship for Performing Arts (amongst 2500 acts from 30 countries) for her virtuoso film and crossover compositions on the electric violin. (Nov 2000)
- Bulgaria, sold out concerts in the National Palace of Culture (3000 people) all concerts were
recorded by Nat TV. Media frenzy followed with more than 30 interviews. Concerts included
performances with the well-known pianist John Lenehan, pianist of Nigel Kennedy and with
orchestra and top fashion designers of Bulgaria. Milena Djekova Alexander not only was given an award for the
best performer of the season but her music/fashion concert was elected as the most popular
concert program of the year. (Jun 2000)